CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Easter!



Well, we had a Great Easter!

Easter was a really special holiday for me this year. For the past 5 years I told myself I wasn't going to celebrate Easter (at least not the traditional way of dyeing eggs, and making Easter baskets) because I didn't have any children. It was kind of a personal resolve I had made. I couldn't justify buying an Easter Basket for me and Gary, when we knew there was no Easter Bunny. This sounds silly I know, but there was a time while trying to get pregnant that I thought I would never be able to dye eggs or hide an Easter basket. So trivial as it may seem, it felt so good to be sitting at that table, dog tired, dying those little hard boiled eggs, even if Asher had no idea what we were doing.

Easter Morning we got up and went to church and then headed out to my parents and had lunch with the cousins. I felt good to be around family and spend time with Heather and Aaron and their families.

0 comments: